Pages

Thursday 3 October 2013

Hoi an

We have a second sleeper train for our journey to hoi an and this one was more of what we thought it would be....... Dirty :(  however we settled for the night and looked forward to our next destination....

Arriving in hoi an was a little different to nha trang we were not at the beachfront don't and it looked a little out the way, however looks can be deceiving. We joined the group for a walk down to hoi an town for breakfast and realised just how much of a beautiful little towns his was was :) we were impressed. It  was a small town made up of lots of little streets with shops, restaurants, cafés, huge food market and most importantly hundreds of tailors, and at the bottom of the town there was a river with restaurants either side and some lovely boats and ancient bridges we were pleasantly surprised.

We decided after breakfast to get cracking with a tailor! We picked one that had clothes advertised that we liked and got started! We went in there so Luke could get a suit and I could get a dress maybe 2 anyway in the finished Luke had a suit, shoes and coat made and I had 3 dresses, 2 tops, 1 coat and 2 pairs of trousers :) it was just so cheap we got all of that for less then $300! I immediately thought if my mum and sister and how much they would like something so I asked  and I got made two coats for them in there choice of colour and also got my gorgeous niece made a. Asian dress exactly the same as her auntie Sarah. We absolutely loved it :) we sent nearly everything home from the hoi an post office for so cheap. 

We spent our time in hoi an, walking around the lovely town, seeing some sights and swimming in the hotel pool, what a lovely stop :) we were very pleased, and just as we were leaving it started to chuck it down so we were lucky :) we had 2 lovely days there.


It was going to be our nephews birthday the day we leave, but as the time difference was so long we wouldn't be able to speak to him before  we leave, I was gutted I was really missing my niece and nephew so much I just wanted to hug them, so we decided to send him a video message and some pics, hopefully ic an face time them soon, I felt a bit better that I had sent them some gifts home :)

We boarded our bus to go to our next stop - hue and was advised there was a Typhoon coming to hoi an and hue :( that would explain all the heavy rain, we were advised a few days later that it was the worst typhoon they had had in 6 years and one of the worst ranked number 10. 

No comments:

Post a Comment