Pages

Wednesday 12 February 2014

Hervey Bay.......fishing for big fish :)

Arriving at Hervey Bay we were excited :) we arrived  at a huge shopping complex with fishing shops, a target,a. Super market, bottle store and loads of other good shops ! We were glad and ought we would return to this shopping complex but in actual fact we didn't return here! 

We were greeted and picked up by the owner of flashpackers "warrick" he was lovely and made us feel very comfortable he was chatting all the way to the hostel :) and when we arrived we weren't disappointed :)

The kitchen was lovely, clean, looked new and the fridge was a huge walk in fridge ! Plenty of room..the rooms were good like hotel standard apart from we were sharing with two others! But the bathroom was lovely everything was clean! The first night we was on the top bunk but after that we were both on the bottom ! We decided that we are being to nIce to others, we normally have one on top bunk and one on the bottom but why I don't know! Now we just take the bottom bunks if they are available! I am so over climbing up to my bed! Anyway first night was good we got the shuttle to the super market got some supply's ! And then by chance I met this guy called Christian, he was cutting up this big fish he had caught that day,  it was a mackerel :) I just started chatting to him about where he caught it (etc) and then he offered to take us fishing! To the place he fished it was at a pier 5 Kilometers away to far to walk in the heat! He was quite literally travelling all around the world to go fishing! A true angler :) anyway he said we could catch big fish down there so we were definitely game! Luke came round and started chatting to him, so it was sorted fishing tomorrow at the pier!

We got up the next day, Christian found us and we headed off! It was quite a way even in the car so was pleased we hadn't tried to walk it! When we got there there was loads of people fishing there, and as the boys were setting up there rods two people walked past about ten minutes apart with huge fish over there shoulders ! ....
....it was very promising :) now I had already decided I would sit this one out as I wasn't sure if I would be able to handle the strength of a sea fish of such size! I was now the dedicated bait catcher! I hung a rod over the side of the pier with 6 hooks on and caught as many bait fish as I could! And I was actually pretty good at it! I managed to catch loads all different kinds and actually unhook a few on My own! Proud moment for me :) and Luke was also pleased with me :) they both had big bites but lost a few it was all very exciting! These couple of men came and set up next to Luke and Christian and obviously they caught straight away :( it was so typical they caught really huge queenfish, I couldn't help but think that if they didn't turn up they would have been Luke's or Christians fish, but hey oh that's the way it goes, we were there for around 5 hours, and then called it a day, it was fun and I enjoyed myself so did Luke :) we also saw a huge pelican which was just hanging around waiting to be fed fish! It was huge! 
.....the massive pelican :)
.....the queen fish that was caught next to us :)

We headed back made some dinner and discussed the days fishing :) we may be going tomorrow  aswell ......another opportunity to catch some big fish :)

We got up mid morning and Christian had a hangover so he wasn't sure if he wanted to go fishing so we just chilled out the hostel had free wifi and computers so we just did the usual sending more emails and research! And then Christian came along and said let's go fishing! So off we went !

It was suppose to rain today and as we got to the pier it started raining hard, we were prepared with our rain coats so we just soldiered on! As we approached the pier the rain got heavier and people were leaving the pier! And we were the mad ones just starting our fishing day ! The rain was so heavy :( we were quite literally drenched from head to toe......
 ....the guys setting up in the rain!
......me soaked!.....but it's ok I have my magners!

We was here a good 4 hours! And both of them had bites.....and then luke caught one! Another fish he hadn't caught before a cobia......
.....it was a black and white striped fish :) he released it back to the sea :)

He was pleased with his catch, we left shortly after that we were all soaked and cold, so we headed back for hot showers :))

The next day we didn't go fishing we all had a rest :) me and Luke quite literally spent 3 hours on the computers researching (etc) and actually got quite a lot done :) we were desperately trying to sort out our disney accomodation but were having no luck, just not really finding anything we wanted or that was good enough for a long stay, and then I researched further, as we were going to be buying annual passes as it would be cheaper for us to buy these then pay for entrance to the parks as we were there for so long, I didn't realise all the perks you get with them.......15-20% discount on a lot of restaurants the discounts were for restaurants that we actually go to and that we like so that's a bonus! 10% on merchandise result! And various other discounts including anything from 25% to 50% off disney hotels! ThIs made us very happy but after several emails to disney we discovered that we would definitely do us a deal, and they could even book it with the discount and we wouldn't have to show the pass until we checked in! That was a result! But I couldn't call them :( we couldn't call from oz to usa it would just be to expensive, so I was in a bit of a dilemma and then I had a idea......my sister loved to plan disney trips and there was a free number she could call them from the uk from so I decided to ask her......if she couldn't I would ask mum, but i knew my sister would be good at it :) so I asked her she agreed to do it :) she would get back to me with some results In a week or so :) she told me a forum to check out as I couldn't find any! And she said she could see what deal,they could do :) I was relaxed knowing it was in her capable hands! And it was also a stress off our minds :) we had a chilled evening, we downloaded  some more only fools to watch on our long journey tomorrow to rockhampton and just chilled, we had two new roommates in our room they were English guys and they were a pain in the arse....let's just say they kept us up most of the night, coughing, bouncing on 
the bed like it was a trampoline, coming in at 2am turning on the light chatting loudly until 3am about poxy football scores! Inconsiderate Pr**ks I mean who gives a shit at that time of the morning! Anyway we left the next day, but were just so annoyed because we wanted a decent sleep, while we were waiting for our departure time we skyped Luke's mum which was nice as we had hardly spoke since we left the uk, so it was nice to catch up hopefully do it again soon :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment