Pages

Sunday 23 February 2014

Airlie beach

We had a really late bus 00.40 :( and when the bus arrived they proceeded to tell us that we were not booked onto it! I quickly told them that we were! They were adamant we had booked onto the night before......I was sure we wasn't but there was nothing we could do about it now! You see we book ourselves onto buses via a internet account with oz experience...we were so tired and the area we was waiting for the bus was rough and dangerous and had been on the news more then once for attacks while we were there so the thought of being stranded here was not a nice thought! But he had two spare seats on that bus so we were able to board :) we were so pleased :) we would arrive in airlie beach at 7am, and while Luke managed to nap on and off for a little while I didn't :(. And it was really bad weather....there was a storm and all I was thinking was omg we have got to walk to our hostel from the bus stop :( both us and our bags would get soaked :( the only good thing about this bus was that it had working wifi the whole journey ! We just couldn't understand how some hostels had no wifi and on a moving bus travelling through the arse end of no where could pick up wifi! 

We arrived safely in airlie beach at 6.45 and thankfully the rain had stopped :))) we quickly found our hostel and it turns out I had made a mistake here aswell :( I had booked us in for the night before and so we had been charged for that night :( but at this time of the morning feeling this tired I really couldn't  care less I just wanted to book in and sleep! I had decided earlier on the bus journey that there was just no way we could stay in a dorm after having no sleep ! So I upgraded us to a double :)) and when we got in our room ....it was small but it had aircon and the bed was comfy :) Even tho I was so tired I was giving myself a hard time about making these mistakes I hadn't made any mistake since we left England and I was upset with myself :( I couldn't understand how it had happened? But anyway Luke told me it didn't matter and reassured me :) and then he cuddled me and within seconds I was alseep :))) 

We slept for a good 6 hours! And when we woke we had that feeling of like being jet lagged :( we had both worked nights and we said it was like working a night shift and that was a feeling I wasn't missing! But we dragged ourselves up and showered and headed out to explore :)

There was some lovely little shops in airlie beach.....the shops actually reminded us a bit of byron bay! We bypassed a tattoo/piercing shop and I decided to try to get my tongue bar removed .....not permanently but I use to take it out regularly and clean it but for the last couple of years it has been  stuck! We have tried everything and I have been to multiple shops to get it removed! And no luck and as I thought.... the girl could not remove it! So that's still stuck! Anyway.....we had a wonder in the shops and went down to the sea front which was literally in front of our hostel! It was lovely a real postcard picture :) however we were unable to swim in the sea due to box jellyfish....it's currently there season and there sting is quite literally life threatening, but they did have a lagoon pool on the sea front that people could swim for free which was nice :) it didn't take long to walk around the town it was one street! We returned and reluctantly bought some internet time.....I needed to see if I had made these mistakes or not! And plus we wanted to FaceTime everyone :) so it was a good first day and we got to catch up with family :))

Day 2..... We had a lay in and utilised the internet researching etc and I soon discovered that I had not made a mistake on the grey hound bus it clearly stated on our online accounts that we were booked for that bus! I quickly emailed oz experience and asked them what the hell went on, we could have been stranded in that awful place :( awaiting reply....watch this space! However the hostel mistake was my own :( but it was my first mistake with this trip so it's not all bad it could have been worse! 

That morning we spent well ........Luke mainly spent 2 hours on the skype to his best mate matt :) we hadn't spoke to him for a while so that was nice :) we decided late afternoon to go and try out the fishing! And would you believe it as soon as we left our hostel and started walking to our fishing point the heavens opened .....it was pissing down! We soldiered on we were not going to be stopped by a bit of rain! Luke had seen some decent fish so we set up and..........caught nothing!! However we did see a sea turtle quite literally right in front of us! It was lovely :) we had seen sea turtles before but not this close it was really lovely :) Luke said it was so close we could of jumped on for a ride on it's back !  and although we caught nothing we were pleased to see sea turtles :) we fished with spinners/lures as someone at the hostel had thrown away pretty much our whole bag of bait :( but luke decided he might buy bait in the morning and try again :) 
...fishing with the beautiful rainbow and cruise ship in the background 
.....the beautiful scenary surrounding us :)
......the beautiful view/beach at airlie beach :) a shame we couldn't swim there due to the box jelly fish :(

That night we cooked mash and veg with gravy :) it was lovely :) just what the doctor ordered! Then it was time for only fools and a good night sleep :)

Day 3..... And our last full day :) today I left the decision of bait up to lukee....I left him to wonder in the bait and tackle shop whilst I got ready :) and he decided bait was the way forward :) before heading off fishing we had another wander through town I desperately needed some new shorts mine were far to big for me now and I only had one other pair! So looking back I packed enough shorts but ended up sending them home in Vietnam thinking I wouldn't need them! That was a big mistake! Anyway Luke pics clothes for me quite well! So he picked me a pair of shorts and a top ....the top was $5 ..bargain and we thought the shorts were $20 much more then I wanted to spend but he told me to try them on anyway ! The outfit looked good .....he picks well.... And when he went to pay for them the shorts were actually $5! My sort of price! .....we then went fishing where we spent a good 3 hours fishing and again the sea turtle came back to great us :) this time even closer it was such a wonderful sighting :) 
.....that pic isn't zoomed in that's how close we were :) 

But still we didn't catch anything ....it was a total mystery to Luke as to why we were not catching anything! It was perfect weather for it, the sea conditions were great, there were defo fish around we saw them and we had tried a few different methods of fishing! It was to him and me a mystery and we so badly wanted to catch something ...I wanted to catch something on my new rod :) 

We gave up and just went back and chilled out watching only fools :) we had a fair journey tomoz 5 hours to our next destination.......

.......townsville :)



No comments:

Post a Comment