Pages

Tuesday 4 February 2014

A little town called noosa!

So the journey was short to noosa about 1hr 15 minutes and when we arrived we were just Outside of town so couldn't really see what there was here. We got picked up by a free shuttle service and taken to our hostel we Had booked this hostel ages ago we got 10% off for entering a photo comp in December, when we were staying at a nomads hostel, nomads was accompany name for several hostels like the YHA, but on no where near the standards of the YHA. The town looked ok as we drove through it, there was a Target ! Which you should all no by now means free wifi! There was a Pizza Hut which ment $5 pizzas ! It looked ok and the beach was about 800 meters from the hostel, but when we actually got Into the hostel we were shocked probly near As shocked as we were when we entered arts factory lodge in byron bay! It was awful :( really bad the kind of bad that made me want to go home :( we had just come from somewhere that wasn't the best place but compared to this it was a palace! We had to wait an hour to check in and then when it came to check in we had to wait a further 30mins as they were short staffed, it was a mystery to us as all they do in a hostel is put new bed sheets on as the person that's left has to take there sheets off When they leave! While waiting we went down to the kitchen........BIG MISTAKE! It was terrible absolutely diabolicle flys everywhere overflowing bins pure dirt everywhere, fridge broken and leaking, no crockery, sinks that were blocked so the dirty water was almost overflowing :( god I wanted to just cry on the spot, I find it awful that a hostel can portray itself as something it's not,  it's false advertising. The fridges absolutely stunk and one was leaking everywhere OMFG it was awful so awful, and where we was waiting which was the bar had the stickiest floor ever and just had a general stench about it. I just hoped the rooms were ok.

So 14.30 came and we were already in line to check in as we new from experience that nomads lines and check in are stupidly long! We were checked in and we headed to our room.......when we got in we could already see it was full up and the occupants were girls! There was stuff everywhere! Quite literally there beds were full of clothes! I just couldn't imagine having to unpack everything every two or three days! It looked like a nightmare! There were only three beds left and they were all top bunks, we picked the two that were close to each other found a spot for our bag and then headed out to target to ......1......get out of this dive! And 2.....to use the wifi! I hope the room mates are nice......
And they were :) except one that was really weird and that slept with Huge knife under her pillow! She really was odd! But the others were nice and we all swapped tips for future travel! 

So before I write more....I must just say that this hostel and the people in it have pissed us off so much that I am struggling to even write this blog post now :( I just cannot be bothered but I will because we had a great time here doing our own thing :) I will just write a paragraph on the hostel. 

So......the first set of room mates were fine all girls, friendly, chatty and quite pleasant to share a room with, the second lot were not, they were noisy, messy and just a general bunch of twats, most of them came in at 2-3am in the morning, turned lights on had super loud conversations, left the door wide open, bought back a drunk girl who proceeded to shine her torch in everyone's face and be like "how many people are in your room" it just went on, those of you who no me no that I have a temper and once you have pissed me off especially at 2am I am pretty much a ball of fire! So over the three nights we pretty much had no sleep and by the day we were leaving I was just exhausted and surprisingly my mood was ok I think it was because I was super tired and also a little excited to leave this hostel! So the other thing that we absolutely hated about this hostel was the state of it, the dirt and the kitchen......OMFG the kitchen, it surely wasn't legal to have a kitchen that filthy in a hostel where hundreds of backpackers/tourists were suppose to cook there food! It was so dirty :( and just disgusting I don't even no how to write about it so I will just write points! ....fridge literally falling apart, not enough fridges, fridge leaking, hole in the back of the microwave from burning! This must be a health and safety risk?? Food, cracked eggs and god no's what on the floor, constant over flowing bins, no where near enough crockery for the amount of people there, only two sinks and both blocked most of the time so if you can imagine a sink full of dirty water plus peoples dirty plates etc left there all day! No where to store you dry food, when staff do come and "clean!" Once a day there on their phones asking for cocaine! In full ear shot of paying guests! The list is endless and I could go on! I will be complaining, I did debate complaining there but the whole place is run by backpackers and it would have been pointless, I am sure there must be something in australia like we have in the uk......health and safety laws or something ? I will find out and contact them we took pictures to include in our complaint. We have stayed in some dumps but it's not bothered us as much but this place........we couldn't even cook a meal, which ment we had to spend money buying food which we aim not to do everyday, we like to cook. Anyway rant over now for the best bits of our time in noosa! :) ........

We spent our two full days in noosa fishing :) and it was soooo much fun :)) we caught some different fish we hadn't caught before and the actual place where we fished which was noosa woods beach was just stunning :) really beautiful :) and it was a dog friendly beach :) which of course we loved, the dogs absolutely loved the water and it was so nice seeing the owners swim with there dogs if only we could do that in England! Everyone just looked like they were enjoying themselves it was a real nice place to be and had a nice vibe :) 

On the first day we fished Luke caught loads of bream and I caught a couple :) they were really pretty fish and some of them gave a good fight! of course we put them all back....

We enjoyed loads of swimming time, the water was shallow and so clear it was just like paradise and  what we imagined oz to be like ! I even swam over to where there was some raised sand, which was pretty brave of me! I had to swim over a deep dark patch which at the time was fine but when I came to swim back I was a little scared of the sharks ! You never now where they are! Also the current was so strong I had to really swim hard to get back I was scared at a few points! but I got back !....
....me on the little island !

Now we saw two things that day which really made it special......the first was a dog on a paddle board with its owner just chilling enjoying the ride ! ....always a pleasure! 
......I just loved it !

And the other was that we saw a sea Turtle whilst we were in the sea about 3 meters in front of us! it was quite a large one and it was just one of those siteings where you think wow....is that really there!it stayed close for a While and it was great to watch it :) we stayed here all day both days until around 16.30 :) and on the second day Luke caught a huge flathead, some bream, a tiny little fish that was a really lovely shiny silver colour, and I caught a bream and puffa fish! It was so much fun and we could have stayed in noosa longer if we had better accomodation.
......Luke's big flathead
.......my little puffa fish (that's what we thought it was anyway!)
.....Luke jumping in the water :) 
.......a walk along paradise in australia ! 
 What a lovely couple of days fishing :) 

Next stop rainbow beach :)














No comments:

Post a Comment