Pages

Monday 25 November 2013

Sky diving :) the most exciting and scariest thing I have ever done!

 So......the journey from rotorua to taupo wasn't t long but i was thinking quite a lot about the sky diver was going to do in taupo so it seemed to go on forever! I was super excited to do this adrenaline filled activity that I had wanted to do for many many years but never really got the chance, plus who wants to do it in England!! I would have rather waited to jump over some amazing scenary ! And that is exactly what I did..........

.......our coach stopped at huka falls (see taupo post!) and that is where the first group of jumpers would get picked up ! Luke was coming with me to see me jump! He didn't fancy the jump. He had debated it! But it's not something that he had ever wanted to do he was already very unseen on flying let alone jumping out of one! It's such a drastic and terrifying activity you have to really want to do it !

We arrived at "taupo skydive" it was a small place but just perfect, I felt very comfortable ! We sat down and watched a video on skydiving and all the different packages you could do, 12,000 feet jump had a free fall time of 45 seconds the 15,000 feet had a free fall time of 1 minute!  I couldn't decide but at the last minute I decided to just do the full package ! 15,000 feet jump (just under 3 miles!) with both handheld video and pics and free fall vid and pics! With included interview with me And a free t shirt ! So I went through to watch a safety vid and instructions for what to do at what point but by this point I couldn't concentrate at all and didn't take any of it in but wasn't surprising worried, I was so scared by this point and Luke was getting it all on film! My tandem jumper came to find me and introduced himself........although I have no idea what his name is! I suited up in my jumpsuit ! and he harnessed me up! I was is ready to go up!


....,I had a few mins to get even more scared! We had our first little chat on film where I told him I was f*****g terrified! He then said let's go.......I quickly kissed Luke goodbye and we was boarding the tiny plane! 

There was 5 jumpers in thee and there partners a couple of jumpers that would take our pics free falling, the pilot and a few others! If was pretty packed! It was a twenty minute flight up and as I was going to 15,000 feet I had to have oxygen put on me and also watched the other jumpers all jump before me and watch there terrified look! I was breathing in that oxygen like it was going out if fashion! I was so scared! The first jumper was terrified you could see it all over his face! He was sitting right by the exit.....it was time for him to jump the shutter opened him and his tandem partner turned to face to sky......and off they went quick as a flash! Then the next and the next......

The shutter closed and the two of us that were left flew to 15,000 feet and then it was my turn......

.......the shutter opened .....my camera man climbed out on to the side of the plane, my tandem jumper. Moved us to the edge......I had literally no time to think about it before I was hanging out the plane! With just my harness holding me on to my jumper ....I was literally sitting on air ! I put my head back on to his shoulder held onto my straps, tucked my feet underneath me .......I couldn't believe I was going to be falling from this plane any second now ! 
He rocked us forward once then the second time we were out.......falling and I was screaming! It was the most amazing feeling, I was falling though the air tumbling all over the place.....upside down, side to side, my brain had no idea what as going on! 
 
It took a good 25-30 seconds for it to register! And when it did I was still screaming! Screaming but smiling my head off :)) couldn't believe what I was doing! When it did register I was still free falling :) and my camera man was taking loads of pics and video footage I shook his hand in the air! The wind was blowing through my face I put my hands out and enjoyed falling and all the feelings I had :) ......
 
....when it was time to put the parachute up I had no idea what was happening we just shot up in the air it was quite a shock! And then I had time to breath ! I put my head back and just breathed a sigh of relief ! I don't know why! but I no that I had so many feelings, I was super happy :) we were flying around the beautiful scenary I was even allowed to control our parachute ! and do some 360' turns over lake taupo! I took in all the views around me the scenary was amazing :) ......
 
 
......we then had to think about landing, I was given my instructions and we started making our decend, before I knew it we were almost on the floor! I was a little nervous as I was so accident prone ! I didn't want to break any bones !! But by the time I thought of that we had landed! I touched the grass and just sat for a second! It was all so surreal !.......

I got up saw Luke had been filming me :) and watching me come down :) I was so excited to tell him all about it I was full of adrenaline :) I derobed of my jumpsuit and found Luke :) he was videoing me getting the verdict! What an experience! We both couldn't wait to see the video footage and pics ! I was so proud of my self as was Luke :)

While my pics and video was put together me and Luke was chatting about the jump! It all happened so fast from being picked up to jumping to landing but it didn't feel rushed it was so well organised, I felt really comfortable, what's weird is that many people including me worry about the parachute opening! I had wanted to do this for years so had thought on and off about the parachute not opening but when it actually came to the day and the actual jump the thought never crossed my mind! Which was weird, it was like I was so excited and scared my mind would not allow me to think of any thing else! 

We went into a small cinema room to watch all the DVDs, mine was last as it was the longest and I was the last to land! The girl that actually jumped last didn't like it so landed before me and throw up! 

Watching the al, the other jumpers DVDs I was glad I got the full package as the free fall pics and hand held ones are completely different but both excellent! I got to be interviewed, pic my own music and gave a mix of both cameras on the DVD ! It was so amazing, we watched it a few times over the next few days and it bought tears to our eyes, it quite emotional and brings back all the feelings if the day! I cannot wait to show my family :) 

I am so so proud of myself and glad you gave made such an amazing memory :) the main thing I wanted to do in New Zealand was sky dive as the scenary was out of this world :) another dream has come true!

I didn't tell my parents or anyone I was going to skydive and when I was going to do it! Mainly because I knew my mum especially would be worrying all day! But I was so happy to tell them I had done it and was safe and sound :)))

No comments:

Post a Comment