Pages

Thursday 28 November 2013

River valley :)

So......the drive to river valley was the most scenic so far :) it was just Miles and miles of green land and animals, the animals were so happy and looked really well the sheep and cows were in the same fields some of the time and they didn't even mind! They were eating sleeping, running the lambs were cuddling there mothers! It was lovely to see and it was also the first time I had really seen sheep,cows  and horses just sleeping in the middle of the field on the day, like all tucked up like a dog would sleep! They were that peaceful :)))

When we arrived at river valley we parked at the top of the hill, a truck came and took our bags down and we walked! It was a steep steep hill probly the steepest hill we have encounter so far! We knew then that the climb back up would be a trek! We arrived were told there were not enough double private rooms for all the people that wanted one! This was only one of two places  we havnt booked in advance! Typical but I was t budging there was no way wew ere sleeping in these tiny dooms where you were practically sleeping on top of the next person!i did not budge!and we got a double private room and it was quite nice but had no tv! But the s e ray made up for no tv! We hadn't planned a u activities here we needed to save our penny's! We were just gunna relax by the river.

After settling In we headed down to the river in the hope we may have a swim! We never realised how cold the water would be! We waded through it to a little Stoney island in the middle! Our legs were freezing it was truely cold probly the coldest water. We had been in, it made sense as the water was running down from the mountains ! I paddled but of cors Luke went In! It was a lovely first afternoon down there. It was sunny there was no wind we just relaxed! Unfortunately relaxed to much we got sun stroke that first day we had cream on but didn't protect our heads enough plus we were dehydrated :(
 
.....so after feeling quite ill that night, we still decided that we would go and have then roast dinner we ordered for the evening, as we had been cooking ourselves for a long time and wanted a treat! I didn't have any meat, but Luke did he said it was good :) all the trimmings were absolutely scrummy :) we didn't expect it to be so nice ! No other roast dinners we have had anywhere else in the world have ever been as nice as home but this one was outstanding ! They had sweet potato and they had seasoned it with something that made it amazing, they even had parsnips,stuffing veggies and cabbage in cheese sauce! It was really scrummy but they didn't have york shires pudding :( but it was still lovely, after that we both went straight to bed with headaches :( 

The next day we still felt a little poorly so decided to just chill by the river again! This time with a lot of protection from the sun! We also had to. Ove rooms as they had over booked we still had a double private but it was hugely incomveniant :( we spent the afternoon at the river again, there was a little breeze today but it was till not and sunny.

There was this pully bridge across the river that took you one side to the other. On the other side there was a collection of high rocks on the side of the valley what you could jump off of! I wasn't so keen butl Luke didn't obviously! We played around on the bridge took some pics....
 
..it really was a. Lovely view from up there!

So Luke jumped off these rocks a few times .......
 
....the water was so cold, somehow I decided I was going to jump Luke supported me, saying I was fine I could do it! I was terrified but decided it's now or never! Gotta be daring! It was silly really cos I jumped out a plane but couldn't jump of this cliff! So I did it and screamed my head off all the way down, if was cold and I went further down then I wanted to, my bikini top just flew off, I had to retrieve it fast., I then got disorientated :( and panicked, by the time I came up I had winded/shocked myself and couldn't move, talk or breath and poor Luke had to jump in and rescue me ! I am glad I did it but never again!......

We made our own dinner that night, and chilled our going through our holiday video! For tomorrow we head to the capital city wellington :)

Also forgot to mention that Luke bought me a cider and it was $10 ! It was nice tho! And when I checked up us out they undercharged us by $100 ! I quickly got out of there before they noticed!
And as I thought that trip up the hill was not fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment