Pages

Tuesday 12 November 2013

Kiwi experience - first stop hot water beach !

So today's the day that we start our tour of New Zealand with kiwi experience, we were pretty excited to see New Zealand, we were off to a bit of a s**t start with some serious problems to our bus pass :( it was not what we expected it to be and not as easy to hop on hop off as we had been told, Infact I believe we were pretty much misold it from our company in England, we were unaware of the wide variety of company's that do these sort of tours here in kiwi land and wish we had picked another one :( we had all sorts of probs but the main one being that even tho we had planned our trip very well and had given kiwi experience plenty of notice to get onthe buses we wanted (they say 24hours notice is fine, we were giving at least a week) we were told that one our buses was to full to take us and that we would be on standby ! We had booked all of our hostels so this was causing us a lot of stress :( and the kiwi customer rep on the phone said to me "I don't know what you want me to say" ! Amongst other things, she was so rude, when I called back she apologised to me! Dam right! Anyway we soldiered on and just did what we could. We boarded our big green bus and got on our way....
......the journey to hot water beach was good, Luke's backwards was still playing him up, so we stopped at a pharmacy to get him some pills, and were told that we cold have codeine and paracetamol which is great I knew that would help him! But in actual fact they only sell tablets with half dose codeine in! Which isn't a lot compared to what we are used to! But he does t take pills often so they helped him :) we stocked up on food to cook along the way and set off again

We arrived at our accomodation "top ten accomodation, hot water beach" it was a lovely holiday park :) we were pleased as we had four nights here 
, we had got,ourselves an executive cabin, it was really cute and very different.....
.....we chucked our stuff in the cabin then joined the group for a hike to. Cathedral cove! The guide said it was a 45 minute walk but I don't think I was personally prepared for it! It was defo a easy 45 minute hike up and down some serious hills, half way around I was seriously considering going back! But it was worth it in the end the view and beach was amazing......
 
 
 
 
.....just stunning :)

We headed back to the our cabin and decided to cook ourselves some tortellini and chill out in our cabin watching films! As we had our own tv which was a privilege ! 

The next few days were spent chilling out by the beach, digging holes in the sand to get hot water! The water was absolutely boiling! It would literally burn you, luckily the sea was absolutely freezing so you can just add hot water from that to your little pool! ......
 
 
 
......it was great fun :)
We spent the rest of our time here chilling catching some rays and having some much needed giggles..... Not to mention the best fish and chips and vegi burgers ever from the small cafe at the holiday park :)
 
 
 
 
 
We also met the most cuddly dog....George :) a old black lab, that had been well looked after and was pretty fat! He just waddled around the holiday park getting cuddles and food from customers! He loved it! When you went to stroke him he rolled onto his belly wanting more .....sooooo cute :) ..
......gorgeous :)


Unfortunately Shortly after arriving to hot water beach I had some bad news.....my nanny had sadly passed away, we knew she was ill, and knew it would happen but still a shock and horrible thing to here when you are so far from the family, spending a few days by the ocean was good for me, it was my Nan's favorite place the seaside and it allowed me time to think about her :) I felt terrible that I couldn't be there for my mum, and that we were all in different parts of the world, they were currently in Florida with my sis and fam, so it was quite hard for all of us and the rest of the fam in the uk, I knew that my nan would not be there when we got back but I still couldn't understand she was gone, and that we all would not see her again, my mum had been updating her on our trip and showing her pics which was nice, luckily I have Luke here to help me through this difficult time, I love my nan and can't believe she is gone, but never forgotten, forever in my heart, I love you nan xxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment