Pages

Sunday 15 June 2014

A great love for our nephew & niece :)

So as all of you will already know our nephew & niece are a extremely important part of our lives and we have missed them terribly throughout the duration of this trip. Although we have had constant contact with them whilst we have been away there have been difficult moments where we have missed them a lot. And lately over the past sort of six weeks chester has been saying he misses me! Which is a surprise to me! as they both adore luke and especially millie....she only wants to talk to him! It is nice that they have a great relationship with him but i need some auntie love! And recently its me they have been missing although i think millie is still on the fence!! 

Anyway up until this point i have been trying not to think about how long until we get to see them (and everyone else!!) as it has been quite far away but now we are nearing the end of our travels we are very very excited to see them (and everyone else!) and simply cannot wait.

Some recent facetimes have made us miss them them even more! Recently on facetime chester asked me how long until i get home? (As he has asked me many timesbefore!) Which always melts my heart :) as he is missing me, And will it be before his birthday!? And his little face is always in his little frown that i just love and he looks genuinly concern as to when we are getting home, and millie well she just chats away to luke and sings him little songs! However she did recently tell my sister that she missed me! Another recent facetime chester wanted to show me  a trick on the trampoline so he took the ipad outside and rested on the table so i could see him and then proceded to show me his tricks! I loved it, and then sam had to take the ipad inside and chester said "no dont i want her outside with me" when he says stuff like that it really makes me sad that i am not there with them watching them do what they want me to watch them do :( me and luke always take a interest in everything they do and love to watch them make up games and do tricks and thats why they always want us there to watch them! We love it and love that they want us to see them do things.

I have mentioned several times how much we miss them but seeing chester and millie wanting us to come home is a heart break moment! Being an auntie is my fave job in the world and a lot of fun and luke absolutely loves being an uncle. Its really important to us that we continue to have a great relationship with them throughout ours and their lives, as a child i remember having a great relationship and many great memories (as does my sister i suspect!) with my aunties and uncles especially my uncle rodders, auntie chris and auntie alison (auntie no!) and uncle gary and as a result we are now still really close even tho i am 26 ! They are a huge part of my life and i really couldnt imagine my life without them and i feel very lucky to have such great aunties and uncles that i am close to, so it is very important for us to remain close to chester and millie, so we continue to have a great relationship with them as they grow up. If they are as close to us as i am with my au ties and uncles we have done a good job :) 

Chester and millie are my world and anything they ask me for they get :) i feel happy and sad that they miss us! Sad as we cant be there with them but happy that they love us enough to miss us, for a five and two and half year old to have a feeling of missing someone must mean we have created many happy and fun memories that they remember with us :) its now getting closer to the day we get to see them again and we simply cannot wait! I think it will be a emotional one! One things for sure i dont think i will ever Be leaving them (or anyone else!) for this long again! People that dont have a great relationship with there family wont understand but others will see how important building these sort of relationships is with your nieces and nephews. People may think i am over the top with them etc etc but i dont care we love them very much and i love telling the world all about them....very proud auntie and uncle right here.

I am looking forward to the day at i can pass on all my knowledge and memories of travelling to them and share our stories with them :) chester already asks questions about where we are and millie just enjoys getting our postcards at the moment as she doesnt fully understand we are travelling and the concept of it, so when we walk through her front door when we return i think she is gunna be shocked! She has spent months talking to us on facetime and all of a sudden we will be there in person! 

This post was really just a post on the refelction of how i am feeling at the moment about our nephew and niece. We are just so glad we have been able to have constant contact with them and send them little parcels in the post from all over the world :) we are excited to be apart of their busy lifes when we return and will see them as much as possible. But for now its a countdown to that surprise return for them! 

1 comment:

  1. They really are missing you both so much! Chester especially will want to spend lots of time with you! Xxx

    ReplyDelete