Pages

Monday 23 December 2013

Wanaka

 We arrived in the lovely town of wanaka and it was a lovely day :) we walked the short 2 minute walk to our YHA hostel that was directly in front of the lake wanaka.....
......and what a view :)

We were absolutely exhausted until we arrived and saw how lovely this town was and then we must wanted to get out :) we had a wander around the small town and got our bearings before we went back and cooked something lovely to eat! I cooked Luke some lamb which he loved I had vegatarian sausages which weren't so good! But I loved the mash and veg and gravey!

The next day we decided to go for a walk around the lake, it was a little overcast but we still ventured out :) we got some good pics and had a lovely afternoon taking pics having an ice cream and chatting :) ....
 
 
 We had a good day and went back to cook another homemade meal I can't remember what this one was but it was good :) we were enjoying cooking our own homemade food :) it was tasty and we loved experimenting with new foods :)

We chilled out for a day or two caught up on research, blogging and editing our video !

The day or row before we left wanaka we decided we would take a hike up mount iron! We were really on a tight budget so were doing all the free activities we could! And the view from the top of mount iron was suppose to be great :) I knew it would be tough as it was extremely steep and it was a hot day :) although we didn't realise how hot it was until we starting hiking ! It was pretty hot and sunny on that mountain! Quite soon after we started walking I was struggling :( I had walked many walks on this trip and struggled but was kinda hoping it would improve my asthma and I would feel better but I guess not! I really struggled to breath on many occasions and was getting annoyed that i was out of breath a lot of the time I really wanted to be able to hike up hills and not to struggle so much but that was not going to happen and I was taking my reliever inhaler a lot which made me feel rough and shake from head to toe :( I was glad I had Luke there he really encouraged me and helped me through these things and was really good when I was feeling stressed about it or feeling ill from it he really was good and very calming I would have given up without him, anyway we stopped nearly half way for about an hour on this bench over looking the scenary below us......
....we sat there chatting and then we continued our hike which only got steeper which of course I was over joyed at! When we were nearly at the top I was stopping more and more and at one point just sat on the floor about to give up....
......but Luke was good with me and we both carried on to the top and I am glad I did because the views were great.....
 
 
.....we stayed up there for around 20 minutes but we had run out of water so were keen to get back down and also we had both got burnt as we didn't put any sunscreen on - epic fail! We just didn't realise the strength of the sun, we got back down and walking back to the hostel we both felt a little rough from the sun and dehydration, we stopped at a shop to get these drinks that we had had before really nice fruity cold drinks and they went down a treat! We then decided to sit down by the lake to cool down and to dip our aching feet in! And then we treated ourselves to fish and chips :) 
 And it was delicious :) 

We loved wanaka it was a really lovely little town that was calm and peaceful pretty much like the rest of New Zealand ! We just loved it and would definitely come back here :) our next stop was queenstown and we were interested to see what this party/adrenaline capital had to offer, apart from massively over priced activities!

No comments:

Post a Comment